Armed Security Officers and Private Investigators With a Class ‘G” License Can Carry a Firearm on School Campuses and Almost Anywhere Else in Florida.
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
What is a Class ‘G’ Statewide Firearms License in Florida? Well, as a Florida Licensed Private Investigator I obtained a Class G Statewide Firearms License several years ago to do some bodyguard work that allows me to carry a concealed weapon most anywhere in Florida. I also have a State of Florida Security Officer’s License and a Concealed Weapon or Firearm License. The State of Florida Requires that a security officer or private investigator who wants to carry a firearm, (open for Security Officer or concealed for a Private Investigator) in most any location in Florida has to obtain a Class G license. The initial application requires you to successfully complete 28 hours of training. Then each year you will have to do 4 hours of firearms training and qualify at the range in order to keep your G license active. As Manatee District Staff Attorney Mitchell Teitelbaum stated only a Class G license allows a Private Investigator and/or a Security Officer to carry a firearm on school property and pretty much anywhere else in Florida.
- any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
- any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
- any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
- any courtroom*
- any polling place
- any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
- any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
- any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
- any school administration building
- any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
- any elementary or secondary school facility
- any area technical center
- any college or university facility*
- inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
- any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
Since September 11th, 2001 it has become a different and more violent world that we live in, Islamic radicals seek to destroy our western way of life and violent video games like Call of Duty and Starcraft poison the minds of young impressionable males. Newtown Elementary school mass murderer Adam Lanza, 20, played violent video games like Call of Duty and Starcraft “obsessively”. Nutcase Adam Lanza shot his way into Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown and killed 20 children — none of them older than 7 — and six adults. He used a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle to mow down his victims before killing himself with one of the two handguns he was carrying.
Congress has funded the cost to put armed Air Marshall’s on just about every flight nationwide in the USA, it is a no brainer to follow up with licensed and armed security guards in out schools. I said what I honestly thought and what millions, and hundreds of millions, of people all over this country believe will actually make a difference.” “We’re going to support an immediate appropriation before Congress to put police officers or armed security guards in every school,” Wayne LaPierre vowed. Asa Hutchinson, the man charged with developing the NRA’s program to place armed guards in schools, told CNN his “high-level panel of experts” will present educators with safety options and detailed instructions.
Sent from Mitchell’s iPad
Bill Warner Private Investigator Sarasota Fl at www.wbipi.com