UPDATED: October 27th, 2014
UPDATE October 28th, 2014…I called the listed phone number for A & E Surveillance and Investigations in Sarasota Fl (941) 330-1994 in the NEW Verizon yellow page book just out 3 days ago in Sarasota Fl and some goofball answered “Investigations”, he would not answer if he was A & E Surveillance and Investigations, kept asking me if I needed a investigator, these people are not licensed by the State of Florida and are committing a fraud in Sarasota Fl.
A & E Surveillance and Investigations at 941-330-1994 is not licensed in the State of Florida as a Private Detective Agency, the owner Eddie Starr, out of California running this business, is not a licensed PI in the State of Florida, if you have had problems with A & E Surveillance and Investigations in Sarasota, Manatee, Lee, Charlotte or Desoto County you need to contact the Florida Division of licencing in Punta Gorda Fl:
Punta Gorda Regional Office 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST)
230 Bal Harbor Boulevard
Punta Gorda, Florida 33950
Phone: (941) 575-5770
Fax: (941) 575-5775
There is no A & E Surveillance and Investigations registered with the Florida Department of Revenue paying sales tax in Florida. There is no A & E Surveillance and Investigations registered with the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations as a Corporation, Limited Liability Company or even a Fictitious Name, see http://www.sunbiz.org/search.html
First Arrest for Unlicensed Private Investigation Activity & DOL Report. Wednesday, October 16, 2013
A Florida man, formerly licensed as a private investigator and former owner of a private investigative agency, has become the first individual arrested for violating the new Florida statute on providing private investigative services without being properly licensed. The new statute, providing for enhanced penalties, went into effect July 1, 2013. The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) , Law Enforcement Division, arrested Fernando J. Rodriguez, 39, on August 28, 2013 in Sanford, FL. Rodriguez was booked into the Seminole County Jail and charged with two felony counts of violation of FS 493.612 for providing unlicensed private investigative activities and one charge of fraud, uttering a forged instrument, in violation of FS 831.02. The fraud charge is due to the fact that Rodriguez is accused of presenting an invoice for his unlicensed private investigative services, containing a false G license number. Bond was set at $1,050 and Rodriguez was released after the bond was posted by a bondsman. His arraignment is set for October 29, 2013 at 1:30 pm. Records indicate that Rodriguez signed an affidavit of indigency and asked the court to appoint an attorney to represent him, see DOL and Ag Law Report Fernando Rodriguez
There is no A & E Surveillance and Investigations registered with the Sarasota County Tax Collector paying an annual Business Tax, see http://sarasotataxcollector.governmax.com/collectmax/collect30.asp
In the State of Florida the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing, licenses and regulates the private investigative industry in accordance with Chapter 493, Florida Statutes. In the State of Florida a private investigator is any individual or private detective agency who, for consideration, advertises as providing or performs the following activities. Individuals or private detective agencies providing or advertising as providing these services for consideration must be licensed in the State of Florida.
- Subcontracting with the government to determine crimes or wrongs done or threatened against the United States
- Determining the identity, habits, conduct, movements, whereabouts, affiliations, associations, transactions, reputation or character of any society, person, or group of persons
- The credibility of witnesses or other persons
- The whereabouts of missing persons, owners of abandoned property, or heirs to estates
- The location or recovery of lost or stolen property
- The causes or origin of fires, libels, slanders, losses, accidents, damage, or injuries to real or personal property
- Securing evidence to be used before investigating committees or boards of award or arbitration or trial of civil or criminal cases
TRICKY DICKS: 493.6120 Violations; penalty for A & E Surveillance and Investigations the owner Eddie Starr, out of California running this business, is not a licensed PI in the State of Florida.
(1)(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b), a person who engages in any activity for which this chapter requires a license and who does not hold the required license commits:
(5) (A & E Surveillance and Investigations) A person who violates or disregards a cease and desist order issued by the department commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. In addition, the department may seek the imposition of a civil penalty not to exceed $5,000.
Bill Warner Sarasota Private Investigator, SEX, CRIME, CHEATERS & TERRORISM at www.wbipi.com